Quick List of the Best Web Hosting Control Panels
- cPanel – Best Linux-only web hosting control panel for users who want a control panel that’s tried and tested over the years
- Plesk – Perfect Windows/Linux web hosting control panel for users who want a decent UI
- CyberPanel – control panel that focuses on-webpage optimization and faster loading with high-speed caching
- CentOS Web Panel – free control panel designed for quick and easy management of servers
- VestaCP – an ideal platform for resellers who want an easy and uncluttered interface.
- Webmin – The best web hosting control panels for customization and advanced features.
- Direct Admin – Easy to use, fast, stable, and cost-effective web hosting control panel.
- Kloxo-MR – For users who’ve used Kloxo before, Kloxo-MR is a spin-off with added features
- Ajenti – Best low-cost and entry-level Python-based web hosting control panel
- Sentora – Best web hosting control panel for users looking for a modular system
- Froxlor – Clean interface, integrated ticketing, and reseller customer support system
cPanel is the most popular Linux-based control panel for web hosting accounts. It lets you conveniently manage in one single place all services: FTP, Emails, Databases, etc. Currently, cPanel is the industry standard and most web developers are well acquainted with it.
Plesk is a web-based platform for hosting companies. Plesk allows web hosting companies to easily manage thousands of virtual hosts on a single server, proving customers easy and simple access to any products they prefer using.
Like cPanel, Plesk does not require any coding skills from the owner and offers top security for business owners and end-users.
CyberPanel is a free, web-based hosting control panel designed for users and system administrators alike. Powered by OpenLitespeed, the open-source version of LSWS, it provides an easy-to-use management interface along with everything you need to host almost any type of website.
Cyberpanel is packed full of features and optimizations to provide a high level of performance on any server.
CentOS Web Panel
CentOS Web Panel (CWP) can help you to install LAMP or LEMP stack easily. It’s a free solution and works on CentOS.
If you are looking to host CMS like WordPress, Joomla, etc, or a PHP-based application where you need a web server, database, emails, monitoring, and security then CWP is a perfect option.
VestaCP web hosting control panel is known for its simple yet effective interface which makes it an ideal platform for resellers who want an easy and uncluttered interface. The secure and fast interface with keyboard shortcuts helps managing servers really fast.
The platform has a built-in firewall that makes it more secure and an interface to monitor the server including server stats, logs, and analytics, etc.
Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Linux/Unix that allows controlling many machines through a single interface, or seamless login on other Webmin hosts on the same subnet or LAN.
With Webmin, you can configure operating system internals such as users, service or configuration files, disk quotas, as well as modify and control open source applications such as Apache or Tomcat, PHP, MySQL, DNS, and file sharing.
DirectAdmin is another web hosting control panel software, similar to cPanel, that lets you administer your website and hosting options using a web-based GUI. You can manage an unlimited number of websites, email accounts, etc. using a DirectAdmin control panel.
DirectAdmin automates tasks so that web servers can be easily shared and give web site owners a way to quickly set-up and manage web sites.
Kloxo-Mr is a powerful, open-source, and free web hosting control panel for both CentOS and RHEL. This particular piece of software is a fork of now-defunct Kloxo, one that includes a number of features not found in the original.
Ajenti Core is an open-source and lightweight GUI for the Linux server. Ajenti Core is also quite similar to that of the Webmin module helping the server administrator for managing the remote server in a hassle-free manner.
Sentora is one of the fully-featured, open-source, and free hosting control panels. It is significant to know that Sentora works on various Linux distributions and is licensed under GPLv3.
Froxlor is an application that has many uses; primarily the tool is geared toward administrators who need to roll out customer installations of Web and Email servers.
The creation of Web/Email domains has never been easier with a tool like Froxlor. Froxlor allows the administrator to quickly create a new customer and then create an entire domain for a said customer in a matter of minutes.